Friday, November 12, 2010

Something that never get through my mind

2 years ago, I was dying to slim down and I begun to go on diet. This was my diet plan-NO PORK, NO RICE, NO FRIED FOOD, NO SUGARY DRINKS AND NO CANDIES. Many people around me were strongly against it as they thought I was torturing myself,but I insisted. I got scolded or nagged for almost everyday.With so many arrows pointing at me, I still stuck to my plans and not listened to anyone. I see no reasons why I can't go on a diet? As in what's wrong with dieting? I was just wanting to slim down and looked as fabulous as the models. Perhaps I got the wrong concept that skinny means perfect but no one seemed to explain to me.Is this being rebellious or wilful ? I dont know. That's how they think of me.After so long, I got used to it anyway. I must say that standing alone is tough and tiring,but it had thought me to be more brave and independent girl.I have been telling myself to be strong and stick to my plans if I am doing the right thing. At that time,there was only one person who agreed with me and I was very grateful to her for being so supportive.Her words and concerns were so much appreciated that until now I still remember what she had said.

Just recently, I started exercising and doing workouts every thrice a week so I told myself to stop my diet. Eating every food with moderation,exercising regularly and eat half bowl of rice each day are my plans to keep myself in shape now though I will still say no to fast food. Many friends around me are shocked when they knew I have not been eating Mcdonalds, KFC and ice cream etc for more than 2 years. Haha. How exaggerating!

Back to my topic, what I don't understand was that when my sister said that she wanted to slim down,mom told her to kick the habit of eating rice! I was astonished as she scolded me for not eating rice when I was on a diet but now she's asking my sister to stop eating rice! After that, I found out that those people who had scolded me for going on a diet are having diet now! They have stopped eating rice,fried food and going on a similar diet plan that I had before. How funny! I really don't understand. They aren't playing their parts as a role model at all then why should I listen to them?

No comments: